Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Mr. Unappreciated

Apparently the jabs from McCain, Reid and other senators isn't sitting well with Rumsfeld.

"I am truly saddened by the thought that anyone could have the impression that I, or others here, are doing anything other than working urgently to see that the lives of the fighting men and women are protected and are cared for in every way humanly possible," he said.


Problem is Don, trying isn't good enough when peoples lives are at stake. There is zero margin for error. You have shown a supreme lack of judgment.

"And I hope and pray that every family member of those who have died so bravely knows how deeply I feel their loss."


He isn't kidding.

On Wednesday, Rumsfeld said, "I, and I know others, stay awake at night for concern for those at risk, with hope for their lives, for their success. And I want those who matter most, the men and women in uniform and their families, to know that. And I want them to know that we consider them, the soldiers, the sailors, the airmen, the Marines, to be America's true treasure. And I thank them and I thank their families."


Now that makes it all better. Now we can forget about the rush to war, the failure to heed the call for 300,000 troops instead sending a light invasion force, the reliance on bad informants and data, the no weapons of mass destruction, throwing away the work of the State Department's studies and predictions on post-war Iraq, miscalculating the extent to which we would be welcomed as liberators, failing to send our troops with enough body armor, failing to supply sufficiently armored vehicles, activating the Individual Ready Reserve, extending the stays of countless soldiers, asking more of guard and reserve troops than they signed up for, and all those poor soldiers and civilians that died due to the administration's negligence, to name just a few off the top of my head. Yep, we can forget about all of that.

Poor fucking Don Rumsfeld. Poor fucking George Bush. Poor devils.

No comments: