Friday, May 27, 2005

I know I said I would never do this...

I thought that it was time for an open thread of some kind on the Rising Hegemon... and while we approach Memorial Day I decided to make a sign saying that Al Gore was robbed of his rightful presidency to put up in my yard this weekend. Since in so many ways the climb of the religious and nut-job right has me memorializing for things like peace, democracy, and more.

And then I find myself sitting on my back porch doing a lot of thinking about the state of the state of politics and I keep coming back to a similar thought. And that is, what would be talking about and what would be occuring in the country right now if Al Gore had won -- no scratch that, what would be happening in this country if all of the votes for Al Gore had been counted (not just in Florida although that would have been nice) all over the country and he had claimed the job that he actually won.

What would be the state of foreign policy? How would the economy be doing? Imagine if Gore had to replace a couple of supreme court justices... What would our country be like right now, if Al Gore had taken over from Clinton?

What do you folks think?

No comments: