Monday, June 20, 2005

Thank goodness for Gorenfeld

Because I'm ashamed I didn't immediately remember this when Dana Milbank decided to mock Conyers and his efforts for a public hearing on the Downing Street Minutes and further memos on and whether a "war crime" has been committed. Ha Ha, damn that's funny Dana. Did Howie Kurtz help you write that bullshit?

Let me see if I have this straight.
Congressman John Conyers tried fruitlessly to secure a real room for discussing the Downing Street Memo.

"Despite the fact that a number of other suitable rooms were available in the Capitol and House office buildings," he writes after being mocked in the Washington Post for playing a "dress-up game" in a tiny room -- "Republicans declined my request for each and every one of them."

But it was no sweat for the Rev. Sun Myung Moon to book a Senate auditorium from the Republican chairman of the Armed Services Committee -- for a grand masque in which the Times publisher, swathed in maroon king's robes, proclaimed himself Messiah?

I guess I still have a lot to learn about how our government works.


Naturally Dana Milbank did not mention this.


And the WaPo thought white tableclothes looked silly.

No comments: