Sunday, July 24, 2005

Strange

Why do I find the notion of a Rolling Stones tour repellent, yet I'd go see the Kinks or Who even today, quite willingly?

I mean the Who hasn't made a record in more than 20 years, and they all are pretty much as old as the members of the Stones. Is it because the Kinks were always a less pretentious band and the Who always are more serious, more pissed off one?

I dunno, all I know is that I have always found Ray Davies a most likeable chap; and no matter how long it has been since they've made something new Mssrs. Daltrey and Townsend still blow other acts away when it comes to intensity. Maybe it is just me.

Of course, I'm now a middle-aged fart too. DeDurkheim is the music guy, I've never been a audiophile.

So much for the window into my tastes...here's a picture of an asshole.

Had other priorities, but served by enjoying "Ballad of the Green Berets"

No comments: