Monday, October 23, 2006

I was arrogant and stupid, when I said I was arrogant and stupid, to say we were arrogant and stupid

*Sigh*, no doubt that will be the statement in a forthcoming book.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A senior State Department diplomat apologized Sunday for having told the Arab satellite network Al-Jazeera on Saturday that there is a strong possibility history will show the United States displayed "arrogance" and "stupidity" in its handling of the Iraq war.

"Upon reading the transcript of my appearance on Al-Jazeera, I realized that I seriously misspoke by using the phrase 'there has been arrogance and stupidity' by the U.S. in Iraq," Alberto Fernandez said in an e-mail sent to reporters by the State Department and attributed to him.

"This represents neither my views nor those of the State Department. I apologize," the statement said.


I'm reading "Imperial Life in the Emerald City", I've actually followed the news the last three and a half years.

In regard to Iraq the United States was demonstrably "arrogant" and "stupid" there is no doubt about it.

No comments: