Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Mr. Macho O'Falafel

Whoa! Instead of "Groundhog Day," I'm living Falafel Day all over again.

In yesterday's comments, virtual O'Felafel doppelgänger reminded me of this fantastic exchange between The Great Falafel himself and a caller to his radio show:
O'REILLY: We've got a caller. Roger. Roger from Portland, Oregon. What say you Roger?

ROGER: Yeah, hey, Bill. First things first. You just said you've been in combat, but you've never been in the military, have you?

O'REILLY: No I have not.

ROGER: Then why do you say you've been in combat?

O'REILLY: Why do I say that, Roger? Because I was in the middle of a couple of firefights in South and Central America.

ROGER: But you were a media guy.

O'REILLY: Yeah. A media guy with a pen, not a gun. And people were shooting at me, Roger.

ROGER: People might think that you actually were in the military.

O'REILLY: Oh... We don't want to mislead anybody. But I made it quite clear... quite clear in many, many circumstances --

ROGER: [mumbles something about being, or not being, "fair and balanced"]

O'REILLY: [quietly disconnects Roger] Yeah. Hey listen, Roger. You can take your little "fair and balanced" uh... snip remark and shove it, okay? You're not getting on this air. Um... You, mister macho man, have never come close to anything I've done, down where I've been. So take a walk and... uh... 'nuff said.
The only people who ever shot at O'Falfel were probably the brothers, husbands, and boyfriends of all the women O'Falafel has threatened with his, um, falafel.

Rats! There used to be audio of this little exchange up at Al Franken's archive, but no more. If you can find it, let me know in comments and I'll post it. It really is priceless.

No comments: