Sunday, April 20, 2008

What's the Matter With The Wall Street Journal?

Must be something (besides Murdoch), when stuff like this gets published:
But suppose we read on, and we find the news item about the hedge fund managers who made $2 billion and $3 billion last year, or the story about the vaporizing of our home equity. Suppose we become a little . . . bitter about this. What do our pundits and politicians tell us then?

That there is no place for such sentiment in the Party of the People. That "bitterness" is an ugly and inadmissible emotion. That "divisiveness" is a thing to be shunned at all costs.

Conservatism, on the other hand, has no problem with bitterness; as the champion strategist Howard Phillips said almost three decades ago, the movement's job is to "organize discontent." And organize they have. They have welcomed it, they have flattered it, they have invited it in with millions of treason-screaming direct-mail letters, they have given it a nice warm home on angry radio shows situated up and down the AM dial. There is not only bitterness out there; there is a bitterness industry.
Tune in to watch Paul Gigot's explode every Wednesday.

h/t P. O'Neill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correctly your article helped me truly much in my college assignment. Hats off to you send, wish look progressive in behalf of more cognate articles promptly as its one of my pet question to read.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.