Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Feeling hopeful?

What is it about horrible news that has me feeling hopeful? I don't know, maybe the notion that too many people that will vote have finally seen the Republican party and its candidates for the sham they really are--liars and thieves who use religion as a tool to govern. Maybe the notion that our time has come, that hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, Brownie, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Cheney, Bush, Addington, Gonzalez, Rove, Libby, wars, illegal wiretapping, torture, fiscal mismanagement, and all of the other shit clogging our system have had their day. Maybe the notion that despite all of the lies and the horrible work by mainstream media for most of the last 16 years we have a candidate who is still doing it right and is still fighting. Why he would want the job I'll never know but about now I think we need a little hope. So as for me, I'm glad he is still fighting the good fight.

No comments: