Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Banned Words of 2009™ : The Final Cut

Okay, I asked you to help me cull this list back in November because banning thirty-nine words is (a) unreasonable and (b) sort of totalitarian. Below represents the final list, which includes some of your suggestions, plus some of my own. I'm also including a satellite list -- Banned People of 2009™ -- of people I want to go the hell away in 2009.
  1. Superdelegate
  2. Bitter
  3. Vet/Vetted/Vetting
  4. Main Street, not Wall Street
  5. Bipartisan
  6. Bailout
  7. Elitist
  8. Cougar
  9. Center-Right Nation (or "Govern from the Center")
  10. Islamofacist
  11. BONUS: Race Card (or "Gender Card")
Banned People of 2009™
1. Cate Blanchett (Yeah, yeah, I like her acting; but I'm sick to death of her general fabulosity.)
2. Mylie Cyrus
3. Sarah Palin
4. Angelina Jolie
5. Nicolle Wallace, Rick Davis, Steve Schmidt
6. Any of the Tuckers (Carlson, Bounds, Eskew)
7. Any of the Joes (Lieberman, Sixpack, but especially, Joe The Plumber)
8. Mike Bloomberg
9. Any wealthy person who lost money to Bernard Madoff and dares to crab about it (I'm looking at you, Alexandra Penney.)
10. George W. Bush
11. BONUS: Erin Burnett

No comments: